Mustard Potato Salad RecipeThis mustard potato salad is a favorite among kids and adults alike. I like Yukon gold potatoes for this mustard potato salad recipe, but russet potatoes work fine, too.
Make this potato salad recipe for your next picnic, potluck or cookout, and everyone will ask you for the recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 5-6 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Place potatoes in a heavy saucepan. Cover with water by one inch.
- Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the potato chunks. Drain. You'll want the potatoes to cool quite a bit before tossing with the other ingredients.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Fold in the celery and cooled potatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.