Don't Miss: Mexican Seven Layer Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded or chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 10 oz. package frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry bacon. Drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Place lettuce in a tall glass bowl.
- Scatter onions over lettuce in an even layer.
- Top with layers of celery, red pepper and frozen peas.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sugar. Spread evenly over peas, like icing.
- Top with shredded cheese. Crumble bacon over cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad.
See also: How to Get Kids to Eat Salad