Although the recipe calls for the salad to be chilled 8 hours, you can serve it right away if you're short on time. And be prepared: Once you make this dish, people will want you to make it again and again!
Don't Miss: Fruit Salads
Prep Time: 8 hours, 20 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours, 20 minutes
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- 4 large apples, diced
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups peanuts
- Drain liquid from pineapple chunks into a 3-quart saucepan. Add vinegar, sugar, egg and flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Add thawed whipping topping, stirring well to combine.
- Add pineapple chunks, apples, marshmallows and peanuts. Stir well.
- Refrigerate, ideally about 8 hours, before serving. (Although it's fine to serve it right away if you're short on time.