This turkey noodle soup recipe is an ideal way to use your Thanksgiving leftovers. Serve with Italian bread for a light and satisfying lunch.
Don't Miss: Recipes for Turkey Leftovers
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles
- 1-2 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and carrots. Saute until vegetables are softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, bay leaf, sage, salt, pepper and egg noodles. Bring to a gentle boil, and let soup cook until noodles are al dente (not overly soft, with a little "bite" to them), about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in turkey. Taste and adjust seasonings.