Don't Miss: St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 3-4 lb. corned beef brisket
- 3 Tbsp. spicy mustard
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 12 oz. bottle Guinness or other stout beer
- Trim fat off corned beef. Place corned beef in the slow cooker.
- Spread mustard over corned beef. Top with brown sugar. Pour beer over corned beef, making sure to cover the corned beef completely.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 5-7 hours. The long time ranges have to do with the shape and type of slow cooker you have. If you have one of the newer slow cookers, your corned beef will likely cook faster.
- When ready to slice corned beef, be sure to cut against the grain.