If you're looking for a change from the standard sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving dinner, these mashed sweet potatoes make the perfect side dish. You can double, triple or even quadruple the recipe. And because this recipe is made entirely in the slow cooker, it's easy and doesn't take up any oven or stove space when prepping for big holiday dinners.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- Place the sweet potatoes, apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Uncover, and add the butter and cream cheese. Mash until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble the bacon over the mashed sweet potatoes.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Casserole Toppings