Brussels Sprouts RecipeA Brussels sprouts recipe the kids will actually like? Yes, it's true. That's partly because the Brussels sprouts in this recipe are shredded, then tossed with some very flavorful ingredients like bacon, maple syrup, nuts and cheese. If the kids can't stand the thought of Brussels sprouts, just call this recipe, "Warm Shredded Salad with Maple Syrup and Bacon." Either way, it's delicious.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices bacon or pancetta
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded or thinly-sliced Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Trim Brussels sprouts by cutting the root ends off. Place the shredding blade in your food processor. Shred Brussels sprouts.
- Cook bacon in a large (12 or 14-inch) skillet. Remove, drain and crumble.
- Add Brussels sprouts to bacon drippings. Saute 4-5 minutes. Do not overcook!
- Add maple syrup, hazelnuts and salt to the Brussels sprouts. Stir in bacon.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, saving a little for garnish. Serve, topped with cheese.