This cranberry relish has a sweet-tart flavor that pairs perfect with roast turkey. Serve this relish in place of, or in addition to, cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's crunchy and refreshing and just sweet enough to appeal to the kids.
Don't Miss: Cranberry Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or chopped pecans
- Wash cranberries and pat dry with paper towels. Place the cranberries in the work bowl of a food processor, fitted with a metal blade.
- Pulse until the cranberries are split into small chunks. They should be chunky, not mushy. You don't want cranberry soup.
- Transfer the cranberries to a non-reactive bowl (such as a glass or stainless steel bowl). Mix in the sugar. Refrigerate 3 hours. Drain the excess cranberry juice (or save it to mix with party drinks - it's like a sweet cranberry syrup).
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the sweetened cranberries.
Don't Miss: Cranberry Jello Salad