Don't Miss: 13 Easy Ways to Jazz Up Green Bean Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream (low-fat or non-fat is okay)
- 3 14 oz. cans green beans
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 6 oz. can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until browned.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook a minute or two to allow the raw flour taste to cook off.
- Season with garlic powder and pepper. Stir in vegetable broth and sour cream. Cook until thickened, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Place green beans in a large mixing bowl. Pour mushroom sauce over green beans. Toss to coat well.
- Stir in the cheese and half of the french fried onions.
- Pour into prepared casserole. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining fried onions over top. Bake another 5-10 minutes until bubbly.