Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Recipes for the Whole Family
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 lbs. sweet potatoes (3-4 large sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 large Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- For Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water by one inch. Bring to a boil. Let simmer until potatoes are fork tender, 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain.
- With an electric mixer, beat sweet poatoes, sugar, milk, egg, cinnamon and cloves together until smooth. Stir in apple chunks. Spread into prepared baking dish.
- With a fork, stir together topping ingredients. Spread over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
Don't Miss: Crockpot Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon