You will need the following for your oven bag turkey recipe:
- 1 oven bag especially designed for turkey -- do not use a brown paper bag or plastic storage bag
- 1 12-24 lb. turkey, fresh or thawed according to package directions.
- Cooking spray.
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 apple (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
You will also want to have kitchen shears or a small knife to slice open your turkey and a clean cutting board or mat for the vegetables.
After you've gathered your ingredients, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.