Cornbread Stuffing RecipeThis cornbread stuffing recipe is a perfect side dish for everything from roast turkey to fried chicken.
I recommend using a sweet cornbread for this cornbread stuffing recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings, cornbread stuffing
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 6 cups chopped or crumbled cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery and green pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in 1-1/2 cups of the broth. Season with salt, pepper and sage. Warm over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Place chopped cornbread in a large bowl. Pour vegetable mixture over the cornbread. Toss gently. Add additional broth, if necessary, to moisten stuffing.
- Transfer cornbread stuffing to a prepared baking dish. Bake 20-30 minutes.