Don't Miss: Stuffing Recipe Mix-Ins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 16 stalks celery, diced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 cups dry herb stuffing mix
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3-5 cups chicken broth
- Spray slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onions soften, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over stuffing mix. Add poultry seasoning, eggs, apples and cranberries. Spoon into prepared slow cooker.
- Add just enough chicken broth to moisten the stuffing. Do not add too much broth or the stuffing will turn out mushy.
- Cover and heat on low 4-8 hours.
Don't Miss: Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes