I like to use the crispy onions found in the produce aisle for this dish, rather than the old French fried onions. I think they have a better flavor, but use whatever you like. I also highly recommend Trader Joe's portobello cream of mushroom soup. It's creamy and all-natural and has a wonderfully rich mushroom flavor.
Don't Miss: Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-10 servings
- 1 10-3/4 oz. to 12 oz. container of condensed cream of mushroom soup, such as Trader Joe's portobello cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 14 oz. cans green beans
- 1-1/3 cups french fried onions or crispy fried onions, such as Fresh Gourmet brand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan or 1-1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, milk and soy sauce.
- Stir in green beans and 1/2 cup of the onions.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining green beans on top. Bake another 5 minutes until warmed and bubbly.