Sweet Potato Marshmallow CasseroleThis sweet potato marshmallow casserole is a family favorite that makes a great Thanksgiving side dish. Unlike some sweet potato casseroles, this one doesn't have any eggs.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Recipes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 5-6 lbs. fresh sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and prick sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Place on a paper towel or a microwave-safe plate. Heat in the microwave on high, 6-12 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Scoop out potato pulp into a food processor. Add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Puree until smooth. Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Transfer mixture to a 1-quart baking dish. Top with marshmallows. Bake 10-15 minutes until marshmallows brown slightly.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Casserole Topping Ideas