Sweet Potato RecipeCourtesy of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas. Recipe reprinted with permission.
Like a lot of sweet potato recipes, these sweet potatoes are roasted, then whipped with butter, cream cheese, syrup and vanilla. But the thing that sets these sweet potatoes apart from the rest is the crisp bacon topping. The combination of salty and sweet makes this sweet potato recipe a standout winner.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Recipes You Will Love
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 23 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- canola oil
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 strips bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray six ramekins with cooking spray.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and lightly coast the skins with canola oil. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Place the potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until fork tender. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the hot sweet potatoes into halves. Scoop the sweet potato pulp into a mixing bowl, discarding the skins. Beat sweet potato pulp on medium speed for 1 minute with an electric mixer. Add the cream cheese, butter, syrup, vanilla extract, salt and pepper. Whip until creamy.
- Spoon the whipped sweet potatoes potatoes into prepared ramekins. Top with the bacon. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, sweet potatoes may be reheated in a microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Don't Miss: Sweet Potato Casserole Toppings