Don't Miss: Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 8-10 slices fresh Italian bread
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked leftover turkey
- 6 slices pancetta or ham (reduce salt to 1/4 tsp. if using ham)
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup crispy onion strips (such as Fresh Gourmet) or French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toast bread.
- Place milk in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high, 45-90 seconds, until warmed through, but not boiling.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted, whisk in flour. Continue whisking for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps, until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place bread in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with leftover turkey. Pour sauce over turkey.
- Top with pancetta slices, then cheese slices.
- Sprinkle crispy onion strips over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes until bubbly.
Don't Miss: Comfort Food Recipes