Don't Miss: Leftover Turkey Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 3 cups chopped leftover cooked turkey
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup prepared stuffing
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. whole cranberry sauce from a can or homemade cranberry sauce
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Chili Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Place half of the leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and egg in the work bowl of a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until the mixture becomes the consistency of thick mashed potatoes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing the food processor. Add the egg, cranberry sauce, salt and pepper. Pulse until thick and smooth, like mashed potatoes. Add to the bowl with the rest of the turkey mixture.
- Form into patties, about 3/4-inch thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread bread crumbs out in a shallow dish.
- Press turkey croquettes into bread crumbs to coat loosely on both sides. Fry until golden, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Make Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth.