A chocolate melter (compare prices) is the best tool to use to make these white chocolate covered strawberries, because it melts the chocolate without burning and keeps it warm while you're dipping, but you can also use the microwave.
Click here to see a video of how to make white chocolate covered strawberries.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 quart fresh strawberries with the stems on
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or white chocolate candy melts (available at craft stores like Michaels)
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Wash the strawberries, and dry with paper towels.
- Spread the miniature chocolate chips in an even layer on a plate.
- Place the white chocolate chips or candy melts in a microwave-safe container with a lid. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, and continue heating the white chocolate on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring until the chocolate is totally melted. Alternatively, heat the white chocolate in a chocolate melter.
- Dip the strawberries in the white chocolate, then immediately press into the mini chocolate chips, using your other hand to make sure the chocolate chips cover the white chocolate.
- Place the white chocolate-covered strawberries onto the prepared cookie sheets to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.