If you serve these cookies warm, right out of the oven, the kisses are gooey and melted, making the hidden surprise even more delicious! When available, try the chocolate raspberry Hershey kisses. They make these Hershey kiss cookies taste amazing!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- 24-30 dark chocolate or milk chocolate Hershey kisses
- powdered sugar
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- On low speed, add the flours and cocoa powder.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap Hershey kisses. Mold about a tablespoon of dough around each kiss until the kiss is covered.
- Roll in your hands to make a ball about the size of a walnut. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until firm.
- Cool. Roll cookies in powdered sugar.