Valentine's Day Brownies
are a natural for Valentine's Day. And these chocolate raspberry brownies are even more special, because they're decorated with powdered sugar hearts. Look for Valentine's Day cupcake or cookie stencils in your local craft store, such as Michael's or A.C. Moore.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
Yield: 24 chocolate raspberry brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jelly
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place butter and chocolate in a 3-quart saucepan (compare prices), and melt over medium-low heat. As soon as the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir in the raspberry jelly until the jelly is melted and completely incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, sugar and eggs, beating well. Add the flour and salt, and mix with a large spoon or spatula until incorporated.
- Pour chocolate raspberry brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake 28-32 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let brownies cool completely, about 2 hours, then cut brownies into squares. Cover with Valentine stencils and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the brownies to make hearts and other Valentine shapes on the chocolate raspberry brownies.