Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
refrigeration time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 34 minutes
Yield: 16-24 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe dish. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until incorporated.
- Shape the dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly-floured surface, roll out dough to a thickness of 1/4-inch (click here for an easy trick for rolling sugar cookie dough without sticking)>. Cut dough into desired shapes, and place on ungreased cookie sheets (compare prices).
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Let cool completely, and decorate as desired.
Don't Miss: Sugar Cookie Recipes