Rice Crispy Treats for Valentine's DayThese Valentine rice crispy treats are made with chocolate crispy rice cereal, marshmallows and butter. After cutting these chocolate rice crispy treats into heart shapes, these Valentine rice krispie treats are then dipped in pink candy melts and coated with Valentine sprinkles.
Don't Miss: Rice Crispy Treats for All Occasions
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
freezing time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 10 oz. regular or mini marshmallows
- 6 cups chocolate crispy rice cereal, such as Cocoa Krispies (TM)
- lollipop sticks
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- red, pink and white sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. When melted, add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in cereal. Spray a spatula with cooking spray. Spread rice crispy treats mixture onto prepared baking sheet to a thickness of about 3/4-inch. Let rice crispy treats cool 10 minutes.
- Cut into heart shapes. Insert a lollipop stick into the bottom of each heart. Freeze Valentine rice crispy treats 30-60 minutes.
- Melt candy melts in a saucepan over low heat. Dip rice crispy treats into candy melt mixture, spreading with a spoon to cover hearts as desired (half of the heart, just the front of the heart, all over, etc.). Return rice crispy treats to waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with red, white and/or pink sprinkles immediately. Let Valentine rice crispy treats cool completely before eating.