Don't Miss: Meat Lasagna Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Yield: 8-12 servings
- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss butternut squash chunks with olive oil. Spread out in an even layer on a sturdy baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes. Stir. Roast another 8-12 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Place milk in a microwave-safe container, and heat on 50% power for 1-3 minutes, until warm to the touch, but not boiling.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in milk in a steady stream. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until thickened, 6-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place butternut squash in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add about 1/2 cup of the bechamel sauce (the milk mixture). Puree.
- Spoon 1 cup of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with three lasagna noodles. Spread one-third of the butternut squash puree over the lasagna noodles. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times. Top with the last three lasagna noodles and the remaining bechamel sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake 35 minutes. Uncover, and bake another 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Let lasagna rest 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Don't Miss: Vegetable Lasagna Recipe