This pesto pizza recipe is made with a spinach pesto and two kinds of cheese. If you can't find fresh mozzarella, or it's too expensive, simply use shredded mozzarella cheese for this pesto pizza.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- For Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. to 1/2 cup olive oil
- For Pizza:
- 1 12-inch pre-cooked thin crust pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 1 cup shredded asiago or parano cheese
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place spinach, walnuts and garlic in a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until spinach is finely-chopped. Add salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Pulse several times. Drizzle in olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing, until desired consistency for pesto is reached.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust. Top with cheeses. Place pizza on a pizza stone or cast iron pizza pan, such as the Mario Batali pizza pan. Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Don't Miss: 12 Ways to Use Pesto Sauce