Spinach QuicheQuiche is one of those dishes that works equally as well for breakfast as it does for lunch or dinner. Although this spinach quiche recipe calls for fresh baby spinach, you can certainly substitute thawed, frozen spinach for the fresh in this quiche recipe.
Don't Miss: Broccoli Bacon Quiche Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust, thawed according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 9 oz. baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prick pie crust all over with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the center rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion. Saute, stirring frequently, until onion is soft and golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook until browned.
- Add spinach and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until spinach is just wilted. Do not overcook. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat. Spoon spinach and mushroom mixture into pie crust. Sprinkle cheeses on top.
- Whisk together eggs and buttermilk. Pour evenly over cheeses.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until quiche is golden brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Don't Miss: Quiche Recipes