Layer Tortilla PieThis tortilla pie is a great vegetarian dinner for kids. With two kinds of beans, this vegetarian tortilla pie recipe is loaded with fiber, protein and calcium. And this layer tortilla pie is one of those fun and easy recipes to make with kids.
Don't Miss: Mexican Recipes the Whole Family Will Enjoy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 15 oz. can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup tomato salsa, divided
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 7 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix refried beans with 3/4 cup of salsa and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mash black beans. Mash in remaining 1/4 cup of salsa and fresh cilantro.
- Spread refried bean mixture over 1 tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border all the way around. Place on a baking sheet. Top with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Spread black bean mixture over another tortilla. Lay on top of the first tortilla mixture. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times. Spread final tortilla with remaining refried bean mixture. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 35 minutes.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes. Let tortilla pie rest 10 minutes before cutting.