Don't Miss: Top Chili Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup prepared tomato salsa (homemade or from a jar)
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy dutch oven (compare prices) over medium heat. Add onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots. Cook another 5 minutes or so, until carrots soften.
- Stir in salsa, crushed tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, chili powder and cumin.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, and let vegetarian chili simmer 15 minutes. Add corn. Cook chili another 5-10 minutes. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Don't Miss: Vegetarian Chili with Carrots and Peppers