Don't Miss: Zucchini Bread Recipe with Lemon Zest
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 32 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (non-fat or low-fat yogurt is okay)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional, but really good!)
Don't Miss: Favorite Zucchini Bread Recipes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 loaf pans (compare prices).
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugars, oil and yogurt together until smooth. Stir in the shredded zucchini and grated carrots.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spatula or wooden spoon, until incorporated, but do not overmix. If you overbeat the batter, the zucchini bread will turn out tough. Stir in the raisins if you're using them.
- Divide the batter equally among the two prepared pans. Bake 38 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. You may want to switch the baking pans halfway through cooking, if your oven is narrow or has hot spots. This will help the two loaves bake more evenly.
This zucchini carrot bread freezes well. If you want to freeze it, wait for it to cool completely, then wrap in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil.
Don't Miss: 19 Must-Try Zucchini Recipes