Deep Fried Zucchini Fritters RecipeThese zucchini fritters are deep fried, giving the zucchini a golden brown crunchy exterior. When kids say they don't like vegetables, make these fried zucchini fritters and see if you can't change their minds. These fritters are a great way to use excess zucchini from the garden.
Don't Miss: Zucchini Pancakes Recipe - It's Not Deep-Fried
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, zucchini fritters
- 2 cups grated zucchini (from about 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt or sea salt (compare prices)
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups oil or lard (if using lard, look for pure lard)
- Squeeze zucchini in a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to wring out as much moisture as you can. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, sea salt and hot sauce to zucchini. Mix well and form zucchini into fritters (about 2-3 inches wide), using your hands. Set zucchini fritters aside to rest.
- Heat oil or lard in a straight-sided pot to a temperature of 325 degrees F.
- Slide zucchini fritters into hot oil or lard and fry until golden brown, turning with a spider skimmer (compare prices). Drain fried zucchini fritters on paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
Don't Miss: Zucchini Recipes You Must Try