Zucchini pancakes, also sometimes called zucchini fritters, make a regular appearance at our house when zucchini is in season. This recipe has slight Greek flavor, thanks to the addition of feta cheese. These zucchini pancakes are one of those recipes you'll make often if you have a garden. Sour cream makes a perfect topping for these pancakes.
Don't Miss: Zucchini Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 lb. (approximately 2 medium) zucchini, grated coarsely
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Place grated zucchini in a clean tea towel and wring until dry. Sprinkle salt over zucchini.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add zucchini, flour, baking powder and feta cheese.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan (compare prices).
- Using a large spoon, drop zucchini pancake batter into hot oil, flattening zucchini pancakes with the back of the spoon.
- Cook zucchini pancakes 4-6 minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook another 4-6 minutes until zucchini pancakes are golden brown on the other side.